Registration for classes in foreign languages
- For all foreign language classes in the Toruń branch of Nicolaus Copernicus University, registration via the following website: https://rejestracje.umk.pl/ is required.
- The limit of hours of foreign language classes for students who study full-time and part-time according to the program of study for the given faculty.
- To register for foreign language classes, virtual tokens are needed LEK-2018/19Z.
- Students are allocated an appropriate number of tokens by the corresponding Dean’s offices. The lack of registration tokens in the system should be reported to the corresponding Dean’s office.
- Each student has the opportunity to do an online placement test. The test is designed to facilitate making the right choice of courses offered to students.
Tests are available at: https://moodle.umk.pl/SPNJO/
- The registration system will be open:1st round – Dedicated registration: from 24th September 2018 (8:00) till 5th October 2018 (23:59)
2nd round – Open registration: from 8th October 2018 (8:00) till 10th October 2018 (23:59)
- A student who has not succeeded in passing a year has to repeat the obligatory course in compliance with the rules laid down in the Study Regulation.
- Each group is identified by a code (eg.: 4100-R2-Z-EN-B2-030-ARCHL-Z-2029) whose individual elements stand for:
- code of a teaching unit offering language classes 4100 – The Foreign languages Centre,
- year of study:
- R1 – the first year of study
- R2 – the second year of study
- R3 – the third year of study
- Z – winter semester
- L – summer semester
abbreviation of the language (eg.: EN – English, French – French, LA – Latin language, DE – German, NO – Norwegian, RU – Russian) the level of the language class according to the Council of Europe scale ( letter symbols of language classes level correspond with the level represented by the students in a given academic year):
- A1 – beginner
- A2 – lower- intermediate
- B1 – intermediate
- B2 – higher – intermediate
- C1 – advanced
- C2 – proficient
in case of Latin language:
- L1 – beginners group
- L2 – group continuing education
the number of hours per semester 030/060
the code of the faculty language classes are scheduled for, eg.:
- Administration – ADMNS
- form of semester assessment
- Z – group which completes a semester without a numerical grade ( ‘ ZAL’ in Polish ).
- E – group which after completing a semester with a numerical grade, takes an exam in a given semester.
- group number in USOSWEB , eg. 1001, 1002, 1003, etc …
- Students who continue to study a foreign language have to register into an appropriate group (dedicated for a particular faculty). Group number has been changed. In case of any doubts concerning a particular group identification, please contact a teacher running a group in question.
Each student can also enroll in development courses ( extra paid) in the NCU Foreign Languages Centre. Those wishing to participate in commercial language courses (paid), are requested to contact Secretariat of the Foreign Languages Centre (Toruń, ul. Gagarina 11, room.1; tel. +48 56 6114212; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org